Friday, August 10, 2012

Reflective Essay on "Spring"


I chose a movie call spring, summer, fall, winter and spring. I tell something to me. First, Little monks with his curiosity catch a fish, frog and snake and tie a rock on it. But big monks saw his pupil do that thing, and at night, he tied a bigger rock at his back like a turtle. When he woke up, his monk said find that creature that you torture and untie a rock. If one of the animals was dead, he will be have the heavy and big stone every time on his mind. So little monk find a fish, frog and snake, but fish and snake was dead.

 Is it okay to torture animals? Because we are human? When we are young, we play outside catching an animal or insects. Often we kill them for fun. In this movie spring, big monk taught little monk about lives importance. When I was watching this movie, I thought about my age 7. I ran trough green field and caught grasshopper or other insect. What would animals felt? When little monks saw a dead fish and snake, he would have been thinking ‘why did I do that?’
One day, I caught a grasshopper. I was so delighted to catch that, so I took it to my house but next day, he was dead.

 I think in this movie, they are trying to say that every creature’s life is important. Like cow or sheep pigs are eaten by human. Is this a proper way to think animals life? I think we had to think about this problem again. If human didn’t change their mind, we will have a heavy stone in our mind. Like little monk.
 AT 6th grade Reading book, they said the thing about this too. With the earth they use for growing cows, we can give 1,000 people’s food. And that cows are all for human’s meat! This thing are now happening in our world. Killing people, animals for our own stuff. Its really important thing!

 I don’t want to live like that that. Like a big monks said if we didn’t know that, we will always carry big heavy stone with me. If we see young or older people do it, we have to tell them to stop it. Furthermore, we have to put effort to save animals that cruelly eaten by human. And think about this movie more carefully. I think life is important and should not be killed by anybody.





1 comment:

  1. You make some interesting points in your essay and shared experiences related to the video. The conclusion should be more detailed giving a summary of what you say in each paragraph. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete